Sunday, March 27, 2011

Have you heard of phlogging?

Check out this new Web 2.0 tool called Ipadio that can take blogging, geotagging, tweeting, etc. to an new level.

"Today’s posting reviews an amazing, yet simple piece of technology that involves the use of cell phones, internet, and computers. It’s true, mobile technology is playing an increasingly large role in the classroom. It is becoming a reality that most students have a phone of their own. Perhaps it’s time to harness the power of the phone in order to engage students in their own education? Introducing Ipadio, a technology that just might be the right tool for enhancing and improving the learning process in a very unique way."
The following links will give you more information:

21 st Century Technology and Learning

Ipadio is LadyGeek App's of the Week!

After checking it out, share some ideas of how you could use it in your classroom.

4 comments:

  1. I think the idea of phlogging will open up a whole new dimension to blogging. Most people are already so dependent on their phones for everything, so it will make it even more convenient to blog something from your phone. I think blogging will increase dramatically. Why couldn't we think of that idea. If we did, then we wouldn't have to worry about all the budget cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely a new concept that I have not heard of. Love the YouTube video and the LadyGeek ladies. They cracked me up. I could see this becoming the new buzz with the tech world. Why not Phlogg...it is real time, raw data that is instant. I did take the time to check out the App on my Ipad and found it really interesting. Will let you know if I go any further with it. Nice find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exciting. I had not read this before I just did my multi-class lesson but this could be used in tagging our photos. I signed up and am going to add it as an app to my android phone. I'll have to play with this. Thanks for finding this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam,
    I'm glad that it is something that you thought could be useful for you. I'm also jealous that you have an android phone. You can add all of those cool apps that we are learning about!

    ReplyDelete